Eventbrite is a popular event ticketing platform that enables organizers to manage and sell tickets for their events. It can be used to host any kind of event from niche meetups to large concerts or conferences. In this blog post, we will discuss how you can create an event on Eventbrite with just a few clicks.
Ideally, you want people to come across your event or see your event page on an event discovery platform so that they know that it’s the real deal and choose to buy your tickets immediately instead of bouncing off and forgetting about it.
That’s where event listing websites come in – it’s a great way to target niche-specific people who might be interested in what your event has to offer.
Get started on creating an event on Eventbrite
To create an event on Eventbrite, you need to:
- Create an account on Eventbrite (you might have to try a few times as it glitches sometimes)
- Sign in to the Eventbrite account you created. You can use the same email address and password you used to sign up for Eventbrite
- Head over to the “Events” dashboard – This dashboard is where you can manage your events and event pages
- Click on the plus icon in the top right corner and create a new event (wait for 100000 seconds for the page to load…)
Things to know before you create an event on Eventbrite
Though Eventbrite event creation is available for most types of events, it is not advisable for non-profit events, school & college events as it charges fees that might not be reasonable for many. It’s always a good idea to double-check if Eventbrite is suitable for your event.
Other than that, there are a few other things you have to keep in mind before creating an event on Eventbrite. Here are some of them:
- You need to have a valid email address and a lot of patience before you can create an event on Eventbrite.
- You can’t offer free tickets in exchange for something – free tickets can’t be given or promised in exchange for something else. For example, if you are hosting an event and want to give away free tickets in exchange for some social media shares, that’s not allowed.
- You can’t offer tickets at a discounted price or give away tickets for free. In short, you need to lighten your pocket and get a premium for adding ticket types.
- The convenience fee per ticket is too high as compared to other Eventbrite competitors
Add ticket types in 2 minutes
Start selling tickets by adding various ticket discounts, group deals, and whatnot!
Add your event details for the event page
Once you have created an event, you can now start filling in the details about your event! Here are some of the things you have to fill in:
- Event title – This is the title you created for your event when you created it. If someone searches for an event with this title, they will see your event.
- Event description – You can add an SEO-friendly event description for your event. If someone searches for an event with this description, they will see your event.
- Start and end dates – You can choose both start and end dates for your event. You can also specify the days’ range – for example, Monday-Friday or all other days.
- Venue – You can choose a specific venue location from one of the many options available on Eventbrite to showcase your created event.
- Ticket type – On Eventbrite, you can add ticket types like single, multiple, and entry. Single tickets are for one person, multiple tickets are for more than one person, and entry tickets are for general admission to the event. More ticket types like these can be added depending upon your needs
- Ticket quantity – This specifies the number of tickets you want to sell for your event. You can choose either “all available” or “no limit”. If you choose “all available”, then all tickets will be available for sale on the event page on the first day of the event.
- Price – This is the price you want to set for your event tickets. You can choose between the price points depending on the genre of your event.
- Add-ons – You can add your event tickets, such as a donation or a service charge. You can enter the information about the donation or service charge while customizing tickets.
Create your ticketing form
Now that you have added all the details about your event, it’s time to create the ticketing form. You can access the event page ticketing form by clicking on “Add tickets” in the menu.
Then you can add an option to enter the details about each ticket buyer, like their name, email, and phone number. You can also add a note for each buyer. You will also have to enter the details about the event. This includes the details about the event like the title, description, and the name of the event.
After you have all these details ready, you can click on “Add tickets” and start selling tickets for your event!
Set your pricing and fees
Now that you have the ticketing form ready, you can start setting your pricing and fees. First, you have to select your price points based on the event type. You can keep price points like:
- General admission: $0-$20
- Reserved seating: $20-$50
- Premium seating: $50-$200
- VIP seating: $200-$500
- Package: $500+
Next, you have to set the delivery method for your tickets. These are delivered when someone purchases tickets and can be picked up at the event venue or mailed to the purchaser.
Get some tickets sold after event creation
Now that you have created and published your event, you have to do some work to get people to buy tickets for your event. As one of the ways to get people to buy tickets for your event, you can use these four strategies:
- Get your event listed on event discovery platforms. This will bring people to your event who otherwise wouldn’t have discovered it without this strategy.
- Giveaway tickets – This will get people to come to your event by giving away free tickets. This will encourage people to spread the word about your event with giveaways and add value to your story.
- Use paid advertising – This will get people to come to your event by showing them an ad.
How to maximize your reach & ROI by creating events
To boost your event reach, you need to list your event on an event discovery platform like AllEvents, where you can create your event, list it on google, and start selling tickets within 5minutes.
Here are a few tips to maximize your ROI:
- Track your ticket sales with UTM to see which of your idea is working
- Optimize your event page SEO by trying these simple hacks
- Sell event tickets where the convenience fee is the least and service the best
Winding up: Create an event on Eventbrite
If you want to create an event on Eventbrite, you can certainly do it. All you need to do is follow these steps and create your event with just a few clicks. If you have any questions or suggestions on how to create an event on Eventbrite, please leave a comment below.
Quick Answers to FAQs on Creating Events on Eventbrite
Create your account on Eventbrite with your business id and create your event to get started with Eventbrite.
Usually, Eventbrite takes 5-6 days for payout but sometimes it takes longer for Eventbrite to pay.
Yes, you can create your event on Eventbrite for free. But there are many in-site hidden pricing that can chip your revenue.
Follow the usual procedure to create event and select the venue virtual to create your online event on Eventbrite.
Yes, Eventbrite holds your money, sometimes even after your event is over.
On your dashboard, you can add discount codes by clicking Invite u0026 Promote u003e Discount u0026 Access Codes and then clicking (+) New Code. In the code creation menu, you can enter a discount code.
Join The Community
300K event professionals use AllEvents to Publish events & Sell tickets
Was this article helpful?
Abhishek is a content marketer who specializes in ticketing and event trends happening throughout the globe. He feels that event marketers should easily find the information they need.
Hence, he is responsible enough to gather information and deliver the relevant guidelines to planners throughout the event industry.