With only a few weeks till the New Year, now is the perfect time to start organizing your amazing New Year’s party for your friends and family. However, New Year’s Eve celebrations are always exciting and full of surprises, whether they are intimate or extravagant.
Everyone begins planning their annual New Year’s Eve celebration once the excitement of Christmas, Hanukkah, and other winter holidays has faded. Attendees are seeking a late-night celebration. Create a special occasion to attract attendees and set your New Year’s Eve party apart from the competition.
With the help of the simple new year party planning ideas listed below, you can start organizing your New Year’s party invitations and host a wonderful gathering to ring in the New Year this time.
Set a New Year’s Eve Party Theme
The type of theme you select for your celebration will depend on a range of elements, but the most crucial thing to keep in mind is that you should cater your theme to your audience. If you’re organizing a New Year’s Eve party for adults, then may need to explore an extravagant theme and desired cocktails. You must consider how to keep the children amused before midnight while organizing a New Year’s Eve event for kids.
Also, the purpose of your event should also be considered;
- Is this a fundraiser for a nonprofit organization?
- Is it an event for your business awareness or brand new business?
- Are you promoting products or services?
Ticketing for New Year
Our 15M website visitors are always hungry for more events.
New Year Party Ideas
Pyjama Party: As they wait for midnight, have the youngsters dress in their favorite comfy pajamas. Play some board games or have a movie marathon to keep the party going till the countdown.
Movie marathon: If you’re organizing a hybrid New Year’s event, consider holding a movie marathon that guests can participate in from the comfort of their own homes. Movie marathons are highly popular among new year event ideas.
Old Hollywood: Another glitzy theme for a New Year’s Eve celebration, Old Hollywood offers participants the occasion to dress as classic movie stars. Make sure you serve cocktails and appetizers that go with the old Hollywood theme and the soundtrack from the Hollywood movies.
James Bond Theme: Create a black-tie event with a hint of mystery. Encourage the audience to portray James Bond, a notorious Bond villain, or a shady Bond girl in the best possible way. Serve shaken, not stirred, vodka martinis.
Cocktail Party: If you’re already planning on setting up an extravagant bar, focus your efforts on a sophisticated cocktail party! Create your own concoctions or celebrate with traditional New Year’s Eve beverages.
Winter Wonderland: On New Year’s Eve, it can get quite chilly in many locations. To make the most of the climate, host a winter wonderland celebration.
Self-care and well-being: If your attendees are exhausted after the holidays’ festivities, organize a wellness event that emphasizes pampering and self-care. To assist your guests in unwinding and getting ready for the new year, provide services like massages, facials, manicures, and pedicures.
Midnight Supper: Enjoy a feast at midnight to ring in the new year! After hosting a cocktail hour, gather loved ones for a special midnight supper. Don’t forget to provide coffee with the dessert.
Camping & Bonfire: You may still move the celebration outside with a backyard bonfire, despite the expected frigid weather. Hot chocolate and s’mores can always be served along with a small dessert bar. You can gather some blankets and pillows and keep the fire going to keep your guests warm.
Champagne tasting: Since champagne is the customary New Year’s Eve beverage, why not organize a Champagne tasting event for lovers of the sparkling beverage?
Decades Party: Ask your guests to dress in styles from a decade of your choosing, or theirs, for your decade’s party to honor one or all of the decades.
Masquerade: At a masquerade celebration, guests dress in beautifully decorated masks to provide a sense of mystery and to have fun.
New Year’s Party Entertainment and Games Ideas
Depending on the theme of your event and the demographics of your guests, New Year’s Eve party activities can vary dramatically. Here are some simple ideas:
- Set up poker tables with a variety of games for your attendees to play if you’re organizing a movie theme party.
- If you’re organizing a pajama party for kids, you can think about organizing a movie marathon or playing charades with a New Year’s Eve theme.
More New Year’s Eve Party Activity Ideas
- Countdown to the Ball Drop
- Guess the TruthLiie
- New Year’s Photobooth
- New Year’s Bingo
- White Elephant Game
- New Year’s Trivia
New Year’s Party Food and Drinks Ideas
When coming up with food and drink ideas for New Year’s Eve, balance uniqueness with simplicity. Offer your guests great dishes that are quick to grab and don’t require much serving in place of a multi-course meal. Additionally, you can build up a bar with three to four drink recipes or allow visitors to create their own drinks.
Drinks Bar: Offer your attendees alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for New Year’s Eve, creating a unique drink bar is a great idea. To ensure that visitors keep hydrated, you can also provide a water service with a variety of fresh fruits. With a couple of these drink suggestions, you may modernize your cocktail recipes.
Quick Bites: For your New Year’s Eve celebration, choose a menu of finger appetizers and small bites as your attendees ate a lot of heavy food over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Easy-to-eat foods make less of a mess and keep you away from food wastage. Here, are some quick bites ideas:
- Themed cocktails with alcohol-free options
- Dessert bar
- Mini versions of classic food (e.g. burgers, hot dogs)
- Food trucks outside the venue
- Movie night food (popcorn, candy)
- Ice cream sundae bar
- Lobster mac & cheese cups
- Roasted veggie skewers
- Fruit skewers
- Fried olives or Marinated olives
- Smoked salmon pinwheels
- Panko-crusted chicken bites
- Guacamole and tortilla chips
- Charcuterie board or cheese platter
Boost event visibility by 3X
With paid ads, you can increase your New Year ticket sales and maximize ROI.
Important Things to Consider While Organizing New Year’s Party
Select an Appropriate Venue
It might be difficult to decide which location is best for the event you’re arranging, especially when there are so many options available.
- Consider whether a smaller venue, such as a restaurant or bar, would be more suitable for your event than a huge hall or event space.
- If it’s warm enough to host an event outdoors, consider parks or other recreational places that allow events.
- Find out whether you need to pay a fee or obtain a permit in order to utilize them.
Make sure you have the following facilities:
- Size and capacity of the venue
- Enough lighting and Wi-Fi for live events
- Sound system for musical performances
- Whether the location can accommodate your concept
Set Your Ticket Price
Once you have your budget plan in place, you can decide on a ticket price that will cover your operating expenses while also generating a profit. Set your ticket prices in categories so that everyone can afford to attend your New Year’s event. Make sure the ticket prices are reasonable. Here are some ways to sell your ticket quickly:
- Bulk discounts
- Early bird discounts
- VIP tickets
- Couple discounts
New Year’s Eve Party Promotion Ideas
It is important to get the word out there about your New Year’s party happening in the city. Every ticket you sell for your New Year’s Eve event will eventually be able to be traced back to the initial planning and promotion you did for it.
In addition to creating a dedicated event page that makes it simple for customers to purchase tickets online and producing a convincing description of your New Year’s Eve event. Try the following ideas to spread the word quickly:
- Promote events online on social media– Facebook events, google ads, Instagram promotions, etc.
- Organizing event distribution to convert potential ticket purchasers more quickly, right from discovery websites and apps.
- Create an effective e-mail marketing campaign
- Reconnect with partygoers from the previous year and win over those who already know you can put on a fantastic event.
- Offer discounted early bird rates and VIP experiences to entice new prospective attendees to register or purchase tickets.
Sell tickets to attendees
15M event seekers visit AllEvents every month. Is your event visible to them?
People decide on their activities at the last minute. That holds true, especially on New Year’s Eve. You can use these four characteristics of human nature to persuade the wafflers:
- Social Media Promotions: The tendency is for people to celebrate New Year’s Eve with their friends. Your Facebook event will appear in the feeds of attendees’ friends if you generate interest in it. Make your event the easiest to attend to appeal to laziness.
- Almost Sold Out:: By stating that your event is “nearly sold out” or that this is their “final chance this year to watch so-and-so perform,” you can leverage their sense of urgency.
- Reminders: Remind them that the cost of tickets will be higher at the door. Emails are the best tools for sending reminders and promotional code offers.
- Chose Best Ticketing Partner: Your ticketing partner is going to play a huge role in selling your event tickets online. Make sure you chose the best platform to sell your event tickets without paying extra or hidden charges.
Start Your New Year’s Party Planning With AllEvents
It takes a lot of time and organization to organize a large New Year’s Eve party, but if you concentrate on your theme and your target audience, you can build an event that no one will soon forget.
Start preparing now even though many interested attendees won’t purchase tickets until the very last minute so that your event pages are ready before everyone is prepared to make their purchases.
More on Christmas eve and event ideas:
- 18 Creative Thanksgiving Event Ideas for 2022
- 14 Fantastic Christmas Event Ideas for 2022
- Sell Christmas Tickets Online before Santa comes
Join The Community
300K event professionals use AllEvents to Publish events & Sell tickets
Was this article helpful?
Manali is a writer, editor, and content marketer by profession who specializes in event management and planning. She is working with AllEvents to help them create engaging content that drives the event organizers forward.